When spinal surgery is the appropriate course of treatment, it’s reassuring to know that you’re in excellent hands at UMass Memorial’s Spine Center.
- We are nationally recognized for our neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery expertise, which is based on extensive experience and a track record of outcomes that are among the best in the United States.
- Our surgeons’ capabilities range from minimally invasive spinal decompression (a procedure to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or compressed nerve roots passing through the spinal column) to complex operations to correct spinal deformities and remove spinal tumors.
- We’ve invested in today’s most advanced operating room technology to ensure the best outcomes and your optimal safety.
- Spinal navigation guides the most accurate planning of incisions and precise placement of implants.
- Intraoperative electrophysiology monitoring reduces the risk of nerve or spinal cord injury during complex spinal surgery.